The Secret Behind the 10 Step Korean Skincare
There’s no question that taking care of your skin is a must especially at an early start. But is a ten step (sometimes even more) skincare regimen actually going make your skin better? Even I have a difficult time doing a three step skincare routine.
Although seemingly tedious, developing a proper skincare routine can actually save your skin. There’s a reason why in Korea, people are highly admired for their youthful and pore less skin. It’s because the people there take the time and effort to take of their skin and it shows!
Here’s how to follow all ten steps:
- Oil Cleanser/Cleansing Balm (or Makeup Remover)– An oil cleanser does the deep cleaning removing the makeup from your face without stripping your natural oils leaving your skin clean and soft.
- Water Based Cleanser– Cleansing isn’t just one step in this skincare routine! Double cleanse by rinsing off the oil cleanser with a lightweight cleanser to make sure all impurities and any leftover stubborn makeup is taken care off.
- Exfoliator– Exfoliate 2-3 times a week to scrub away dead skin and make sure those pores are clean.
- Toner– An all natural toner is your safest bet. It restores the natural pH balance of your skin and remove facial oils while preparing the skin for moisturizer.
- Essence– An essence is a watery serum that you pat into your skin made for restoring moisture into your skin. This essence is known to be a dupe for the highly rated SKII facial treatment essence. Get this one for just half the price!
- Serums/Ampoules– A little goes a long way with this little bottle that has all the essential nutrients in a concentrated form. Find serums that target your skincare concerns (anti-aging, brightening, dark spots, etc.).
- Sheet Masks– Leave these on for 15-20 minutes and feel instantly refreshed. Do a face mask three times a week to relax from a long day and simply dispose them after each use.
- Eye Cream– Apply eye cream under your eyes to avoid dark circles and anti-aging signs. Make sure to be very gentle when applying product around your eye area as well.
- Moisturizer– Super, super important because your skin needs to remain hydrated. Keeping your skin moisturized makes you look younger, less tired, and glowing. Even with oily skin, moisturizing is important. There are different kinds for all different skin types.
- Sunscreen/Night Cream– Protect your skin at costs from the UV rays to fight off early signs of aging. Also repair your skin overnight with a night cream. Usually a denser form of a moisturizer that maintains moisture in the skin as you sleep.
You can’t forget this adorable headband to keep your hair out of the way while to do your thing!
Shop all products from Soko Glam!